Please read the eligibility and application requirements carefully before proceeding. When you are ready to begin your application, click on the link below. The application deadline is Thursday, March 16, 2017.
- The recipient must be a member and be a local, regional, state, or national officer of HOSA-Future Health Professionals.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a secondary, postsecondary, or college/university Health Science Education program.
- The applicant may be a high school senior with proof of acceptance into further education for a health career, or an enrolled student in a postsecondary (community/technical/junior college) or university/collegiate Health Science Education program.
- The applicant's student advisor must be a member of ACTE National (link to join).
All applications must be entered online by March 16, 2017 for acceptance and review by the Health Science Education Division of ACTE. Please make sure to check your application for grammatical correctness before submitting. See below for a list of application requirements (incomplete applications will not be accepted):
1. Proof of enrollment/acceptance into a Health Science program
2. Transcript of grades
3. Leadership Activities—Submit a list of activities including: offices held, awards and honors, and student organization involvement.
4. Community Involvement—Describe community service, volunteer experience, church related activities, etc.
5. Essay - Submit a 350-700 word essay describing contributions you expect to make to the health profession and why you should be selected as the recipient of the HSTE scholarship.
6. Letters of reference—Each application requires three (3) letters of reference. Reference letters may be provided by any of the following: a teacher, advisor, principal, director of the HSE program, employer, or any source other than a relative. References should document applicant's scholarship, leadership abilities, interpersonal skills, integrity and potential in the health profession.
NOTE: the online system will collect the letters directly from the references; applicants will only need to enter the names and email addresses of each reference before submitting their applications (view the application instructions for details). Deadline to receive all letters is April 1, 2017.
- An announcement of the opening for online submissions will be included in the National HOSA Leadership Conference's annual announcement/pre-registration materials.
- A selection committee, appointed by the current ACTE-HSE Division Vice President will determine the most deserving recipient.
- A monetary prize of $500 will be awarded to the top applicants. Notable mentions may be awarded smaller scholarships (dependent upon funding).
- The recipient will be notified by the ACTE-HSE Division Vice President.
- The recipient's name will be submitted to the National HOSA Executive Director by the ACTE-HSE Division Vice President.
- Announcement of the selected recipient will be made during the annual HOSA National Leadership Conference and included in the National HOSA and ACTE-HSE Division publications.
- Payment of the scholarship award will be made by the ACTE-HSE Division Vice President [given official documentation of the recipient's enrollment in a postsecondary (community/technical/junior) college or university/college]. In the event the total award is not utilized, it or any part will revert to the scholarship account.
If you have any questions about the scholarship, please contact Health Science Education Division Vice President, Cindy McConnell (email@example.com). If you are experiencing technical difficulties, contact ACTE staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.